Biostatistics is the application and development of statistical techniques for the biological and health sciences.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
The Master of Science (M.S.) in biostatistics is a Professional Science Masters (PSM) program developed in parallel with the medical and bioinformatics and cell and molecular biology programs.
For more PSM program information, visit www.gvsu.edu/psm/.
The three PSM programs are interdisciplinary and feature common core courses. The biostatistics program features:
- Directed courses in biostatistics
- An internship
- A culminating capstone experience
Master's level biostatisticians are in demand in industry, research institutions, government, and academia, including:
- Clinical medicine
- Drug development/clinical trials
- Environmental health
- Wildlife and fisheries
Why Study Biostatistics at Grand Valley?
- Master's level biostatisticians are in demand. This demand results in higher starting salaries within exciting scientific work environments.
- Partners such as the Van Andel Research Institute and Spectrum Health provide formal support for internships and continuing assistance to GVSU students.
- Graduates of the GVSU biostatistics master's program have secured employment with outstanding employers such as Van Andel Institute, Pfizer, the Henry Ford Health System, and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
- Class times later in the day allow degree completion by working professionals.
- The program is very applied with an emphasis on modern statistical techniques using prominent statistical software.
For More Information
“Through their applied coursework and internships our students have strong hands-on experience in the application of statistics to the biological and health sciences. I believe our graduates will become leaders in their positions within industry and the academic world.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University