High school and college trumpet students will be on the Allendale Campus July 20-27, to study with some of the most outstanding educators and performers from around the world. During the 10th anniversary of the annual Grand Valley International Trumpet Seminar, students will learn different teaching and playing styles from world-class artists through group lessons, master classes, rehearsals, ensembles and recitals.
Nightly concerts by individual performers will be held in the Performing Arts Center on the Allendale Campus and are open to the public. Concert admission is $5 at the door, except the July 25 concert by Andrea Tofanelli with the Grand Rapids Jazz Orchestra has a $10 admission; the final concert on Sunday is free.
For more information, call (616) 331-3484 or click here.
Nightly concerts include:
• July 20 at 7 p.m. Opening Faculty Concert featuring Stephen Burns and the GVSU Faculty Brass Quintet
• July 20 at 9 p.m. Vincent DiMartino with the Grand Rapids Jazz Trio
• July 21 at 7 p.m. Stephen Burns
• July 22 at 7 p.m. Hunter Eberly
• July 23 at 7 p.m. Slawomir Cichor
• July 24 at 7 p.m. Jose Chafer Mompo
• July 25 at 7 p.m. Andrea Tofanelli with the Grand Rapids Jazz Orchestra
• July 26 at 7 p.m. Rex Richardson
• July 27 at 11 a.m. Final Concert with all participants