Grand Valley State University faculty and staff are now eligible to use a variety of software at discounted prices.
SPSS Educational Options
IBM SPSS software is available in two options:
Free Version - Click here for Instructions You will need a code from the Helpdesk to your aquire your personal copy of SPSS.
Faculty/Staff may request a copy for their office machine from the Helpdesk
ooVoo - The Sustainable Commute
Telepresence software is available at: http://www.gvsu.edu/oovoo
FREE Microsoft Office 365 for all GVSU Faculty and Staff
GVSU is providing Microsoft Office to every GVSU Faculty and Staff member free of charge. Office 365 includes the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more. As long as you’re a GVSU employee, you’ll be able to use this software for free.
• Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!)
Note – You may not install this software on any GVSU imaged computers. It is meant for personally owned computers and devices only.
• Use with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
• Gain valuable skills on the world’s most popular productivity software
To get your Office follow these simple steps:
1. Visit https://login.microsoftonline.com.
2. Sign in with your GVSU email account.
3. On the download site, select your language and click install.
Questions, please contact the GVSU IT Helpdesk at 616-331-2101 or email email@example.com.
For information about system requirements for Windows computers visit the Microsoft TechNet Library.
Microsoft Office Home Use Program - for Windows/Macintosh
Under the Home Use Program, faculty and staff who are users of qualifying applications at work (e.g. MS Office) may purchase a licensed copy of the corresponding Home Use Program software (e.g. MS Office) to install and use on a home computer at a reduced price. You may continue using HUP software while you are employed by Grand Valley State University and as long as the corresponding software you use at work has active Software Assurance coverage.
The IT Helpdesk may not check out any version of MS Office to Faculty or Staff. All installation support and assistance will be provided by Microsoft and not by GVSU.
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program website:
- Go to www.microsofthup.com
- Select the country to which you want your order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order Web site.
Enter your corporate e-mail address and insert the following program code: F4E85BA5DD
Note: This program code is assigned to Grand Valley State University for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization.
- You will receive an email in your GVSU email account with the details that you need to place your order.
- Place your order online, and it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs and applicable sales tax.
If you have any questions please contact the IT Helpdesk at 331-2101 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last modified April 23, 2015