We need student input and support to meet your current and future needs. The Library Student Advisory Council works with the Libraries to develop and enhance the Libraries’ services, policies, resources and physical and digital spaces.
- Facilitate and strengthen communication between the Libraries and students
- Bring ideas and issues to the attention of the Libraries
- Provids feedback on issues such as marketing to students and changes to services, policies and hours
- Provide advice on usability of library system interfaces
- Identify and initiate joint projects or initiatives between the Libraries and students
- Help library administrators understand student’s information and research needs
- Provide an opportunity to increase awareness of library services and issues related to access, copyright, fair use, technology, etc.
- Participate in user needs assessment and assist with the interpretation of results to improve library service quality
- Advocate for and support of the University Libraries
Members serve at least one academic year and are be able to continue to serve on the council as long as they are currently enrolled at GVSU. The council meets twice a month to discuss and provide advice on issues, projects, and initiatives that affect the quality of the student experience with the GVSU University Libraries.
Page last modified September 2, 2014