September 12, 2014
Free Pizza for Pints Blood Drive
August 4, 2014
See Story about Student Veterans in GV Magazine's Summer Issue!
August 4, 2014
August 2014 Newsletter
July 15, 2014
GVSU commits to '8 keys' of success for veterans - GVNow
May 29, 2014
New 19-month Leadership Program available in GR & Holland
- See all news items
Scholarship deadline extended to April 1, apply today!
Date: March 10, 2014
The application deadline for the Frederick S. Singer Memorial Veteran's Scholarship has been extended to April 1, 2014!
To apply, go to www.gvsu.edu/financialaid/myscholarships-163.htm
Established by the Singer family in memory of their son/brother Frederick S. Singer, a proud Marine and Vietnam veteran. Fred joined the Marines in 1969 after his first semester at Michigan State University. After two tours of duty in Vietnam and four years in the Marines, he returned to Michigan and began his career in telecommunications at Michigan Bell where he served 34 years before retiring. Fred was a devoted Civil War historian, an avid outdoorsman and loved to ride his Harleys. He spent many hours volunteering at the Michigan Home for Veterans and held a special place in his heart for all those who have served our country proudly in the armed services.
This scholarship is designed to assist veterans with the costs of completing a degree at Grand Valley State University.
• Candidates must an undergraduate and enrolled as a degree seeking student
• Candidates must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA and must be making satisfactory academic progress
• Must demonstrate financial need by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• Preference will be given to veterans who are nontraditional students and those who have exhausted tuition benefits and other resources
1. Are you a veteran of the US Armed Forces?
2. Please provide proof of honorable discharge papers in the case of veterans, or a letter of good standing from your commanding officer in the case of reservists.
3. Are you a student that has experienced a unique pathway to education including a break due to child/family responsibilities, re-entry to college after some significant time away, or exceptional life circumstances due to employment or other challenges?
4. If you answered yes to the question above, please explain.
5. Have you exhausted all other financial aid options?
6. Please submit an essay describing your experience in the Armed Forces and your career goals.