- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
The international business (IB) major prepares students for the challenges of doing business in a complex and exciting global economy. Students learn to analyze problems unique to international business, and develop technically and culturally appropriate solutions to them.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
Students majoring in IB graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree, which is AACSB accredited. Requirements include:
- Upper division IB coursework
- Cultural component
- Second business major
- Study abroad program
- Foreign language minor
IB program requirements include:
- International accounting
- International economic issues
- International financial management
- International human resources
- Multinational marketing
- International management
- Money and banking
- Portfolio management
IB students will find career opportunities in:
- Auditing and taxation
- Freight forwarding
- Human resources
- Supply chain management
- And more
Why Study International Business at Grand Valley?
- The faculty have worked and/or consulted with local, national, and international companies. They are specialists in international business, and they have strong academic credentials.
- Courses integrate the latest technologies via the Internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Class sizes are small – around 35 students – and this lets you and your professors get to know each other.
- Study abroad programs prepare you for a global economy and society, as you live within another culture and meet people from around the world. GVSU has study abroad programs in 25 countries.
- We help you find internships that relate to your functional specialty in international business. You will gain valuable business experience and still manage your class and study schedule.
For More Information
Seidman College of Business
“The international business program at Grand Valley takes you places, not only on adventures abroad, but also to new heights of learning in business classes.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University