ACES - Alcohol Campus Education Services
Four signs of alcohol poisoning:
- Person can not be awakened to full consciousness
- Skin is cold, clammy, and bluish
- Breathing is slow or irregular
- Vomiting while passed out
If a friend shows any of these signs of alcohol poisoning:
- Call for help
- Turn the friend on his/her side (to prevent them from choking on vomit)
- Stay nearby
- IF IN DOUBT CALL FOR HELP!
Passing out does not mean "sleeping it off". Blood alcohol content (BAC) can increase even after you stop drinking and/or fall asleep, and alcohol poisoning is still possible.
Page last modified September 20, 2011