Allies & Advocates
References Used to Create Manual/Website
- 365-Day Odyssey through Sexual Orientation handbook by J. Acton of Ball State University and J. Workman of Ferris State University . Unpublished.
- American Psychological Association - Committee for Lesbian and Gay Concerns. (2000). Website: www.apa.org/pubinfo
- Blumenfeld, W. J. (Ed). (1992). Homophobia: How we all pay the price. Boston : Beacon Press.
- Broido, E. M. (2000). Ways of being an ally to lesbian, gay, and bisexual students. In V. A. Wall & N. J. Evans (Eds.). Toward acceptance: Sexual orientation issues on campus (p. 345-369). Lanham, MD : University Press of America.
- Buhrke, R. A., & Douce, L. A. (1991) Training issues for counseling psychologists in working with lesbian women and gay men. The Counseling Psychologist, 19 (2), 216.
- Cass, V. C. (1979). Homosexual identity formation: A theoretical mode. Journal of Homosexuality, 9(2-3), 105-126.
- Committee on Lesbian and Gay Concerns. (1991). Avoiding heterosexual bias in language. American Psychologist, 46, 973-974.
- Currah, P., & Minter, S. (2000). Transgender equality: A handbook for activists and policymakers. Washington, DC : National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Policy Institute.
- Duke University . (n.d.) Safe On Campus Resource Manual . Unpublished.
- Herek, G. & Berrill, K. T. (Eds.). Hate crimes: Confronting violence against lesbians and gay men. Thousand Oaks, CA : Sage Publications.
- Hogan, S., & Hudson, L. (1998). Completely queer: The gay and lesbian encyclopedia. New York, NY : Henry Holt.
- The Human Rights Campaign online at http://www.hrcusa.org.
- The Governor's Commission of Gay and Lesbian Youth: Report and Recommendations. July 1993. Boston, MA.
- Leider, S. (2000). Sexual minorities on Community Colleges campuses. Obtained online at the ERIC Clearinghouse for Community Colleges online.
- Obear, K. (1988/1990). Opening doors to understanding and acceptance: A facilitator's guide to presenting workshops on lesbian, gay, and bisexual issues. Amherst, MA : The Human Advantage.
- Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays online at http://www.pflag.org.
- Price, D. (2002). Every child deserves a safe place to learn (MI). Obtained online from the Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network website at http://www.glsen.org.
- Southern Mississippi University . (n.d.). Safe Zone resource manual. Unpublished.
- Texas A&M University . (n.d.). Aggie Allies website.
- Texas A&M University . (1993). Gay and Lesbian Student Services Speaker's Bureau Manual . Unpublished
- Thiel, M. J., & Diehl, S. (2003). Campus gay and lesbian issues in the new millennium. Obtained from authors November 7, 2003.
- Tyler, J. M., Jackman-Wheitner, L., Strader, S., & Lenox, R. (1997). A change-model approach to raising awareness of Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual issues among graduate students in counseling. Journal of Sex Education and Therapy, 22 (2), 37-43.
- Western Michigan University . (2001). Safe On Campus Resource Manual . Unpublished.
- Wall, V. A., & Evans, N. J. (1991) Using psychological development theories to understand and work with gay and lesbian persons " Evans, N. J., & Wall, V. A. (Eds.). Beyond Tolerance: Gays, Lesbians and Bisexuals on Campus, American College Personal Association.
Page last modified December 22, 2010