AP Awards Committee Minutes October 17, 2013
Minutes from AP Awards Committee Meeting
Oct. 17, 2013
Present: Tara Bivens, Karen Matchett, Kelley Rogers & Karel Swanson
- The committee decided to retain the current AP Awards and emphasize Service to GVSU and related verbiage within the criteria portion of the Service to Community award, as a method for encouraging nominations of university individuals.
We are still aiming to have the awards ready to go by Nov. 1st.
- Karel will contact HR for announcements at all Excellence Series events, as well as create a ‘table-tent’ for these events.
- An email will be sent to AP Chair, Jim Seufert, to go out to all AP Committee members to share with their groups.
- Karel will contact News & Information Services and/or HR to see if we can have something put in The Forum, to announce the [much] earlier window of nominations for AP awards.
- Karen Matchett is going to research past award recipients and see if we can target some departments which have had little to no representation at the awards ceremony and encourage them to nominate others within their unit/department.
- Karel will contact the Office of Student Life to see about getting an announcement posted on the GVSU homepage.
- Oct. 21, 2013 - Karel will be meeting with the AP Luncheon Committee to discuss possible changes to the luncheon format.
Page last modified October 29, 2013