AP Salary and Benefits Committee Minutes October 5, 2012
Salary and Benefits Committee
October 5, 2012
Attendance: Scott Whisler, Andrea Westdorp, Ron Perkins, Aaron Haight, Dave Smith
HR – Open Enrollment Dave Smith
- Open enrolment October 23 – November 7. All information is updated on the health and wellness web page.
- Forums and meetings are available.
- 2013 changes – No changes for high deductible, hsa contribution, priority health hmo went up about 20%. No plan changes currently.
- Life Insurance and long term disability remains the same.
- Vision plan rates are guaranteed for 4 more years.
- Delta Dental – no changes for cost. Preventive services did not cover sealants for children, but it is now fixed.
- HSA maximum contributions will increase January 1 to single – $3,250 and family $6,450.
- HSA – you do need to “reset” the payroll deduction in open enrollment.
- GV contribution will be deposited in the first pay period in January.
- United Bank is still the HSA bank.
- Flexible spending – January 2013 there is a cap of $2,500 for health care - IRS limit. Dependent Care is not changing.
- The secondary carrier (Beech Street) was bought out by PHCS and is now more accessible. This is for when families are traveling out of network. New id cards will be sent out.
- Open enrollment is going to be a new experience – the system is new and should be more efficient.
- Information on tuition assistance program.
- Flu shots are available.
- Please report any UMR issues with Dave – he wants to know where there are problems.
- Session was full. Another session at DeVos and upcoming in Muskegon.
- Ask Linda about reviewing the assessment from Comp 101.
Discussed questions brought back from Comp 101 – clarifications needed.
- Climate – in the process of making recommendations.
Page last modified November 7, 2012