Professional Development Committee Minutes December 10, 2013
The AP Professional Development Subcommittee met on December 10th, 2013 at 8:30 am on the Allendale campus. Chair, Kate VanDerKolk welcomed members and opened the meeting. Members in attendance included:
- Luke DeMott (group 3)
- Audra Courtade (group 4)
- Brad Gordon (group 5)
- Kate VanDerKolk (group 6)
- Maggie McCrystal (HR)
- Sienna Mavima (AP committee representative)
Not able to attend were Takeelia Garrett-Lynn (group 2) and Amy Campbell (group 1)
Recent Excellence Series seminars were discussed:
- Managing Emotions: Overall good reviews, good presentation, enthusiastic
We discussed our progress this year and goals for next year to be able to have some items to report on at the all AP meeting on December 17th.
- Progress: Has attendance at professional development programs been up this year over last year? (Maggie to have intern get totals). Getting to know your GVSU program to take place in February. Positive feedback from program surveys.
- Goals for next year: Attendance increase, continued open communication with groups, and begin to look into the possibility of an incentive structure for participants attending the programs.
We also assigned moderators for next semester’s programs:
- January 14, 2014 – Profitable Time Management: Sienna
- January 22, 2014 – Creating Optimism in the Workplace: Luke (morning session), Sienna (afternoon session)
- February 6, 2014 – Eight Ground Rules for Job Success in the Face of Change: Kate (morning session), Brad (afternoon session)
- February 20, 2014 – International Students in the Classroom/Working with International Students: Amy or Takeelia??
- March 26, 2014 – Mindful Leadership: Audra
- April 2, 2014 – Communication Effectiveness for Leadership: Luke (morning session), Brad (afternoon session)
Audra will be out for the January, February, and March meetings; Amy is willing to do minutes for those 3 months.
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 14th at 8:30am in KC 2243.
Page last modified March 10, 2014