Professional Development Committee Minutes November 12, 2013
The AP Professional Development Subcommittee met on November 12th, 2013 at 8:30 am on the Devos campus. Chair, Kate VanDerKolk welcomed members and opened the meeting. Members in attendance included:
- Amy Campbell (group 1)
- Takeelia Garrett-Lynn (group 2)
- Luke DeMott (group 3)
- Audra Courtade (group 4)
- Brad Gordon (group 5)
- Kate VanDerKolk (group 6)
- Maggie McCrystal (HR)
- Sienna Mavima (AP committee representative)
Recent Excellence Series seminars were discussed:
- Generational Differences in the Workplace – Received very good reviews. Discussion on bringing Mitzi back in the fall for both an Allendale and downtown seminar.
We also discussed the AP Survey Results; Kate will add some slides to the overall slideshow. We discussed that:
- Most people are motivated or somewhat motivated to attend events.
- Most people are satisfied with the Professional Development offered.
- People are not aware that they can suggest topics (we discussed adding that fact to the excellence series newsletter).
- Discussed the possibility of adding some sort of incentive program (ex. leadership academy).
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 10th at 8:30am in KC 2243.
Page last modified March 10, 2014