The mission of the Grand Valley State University Athletic Training Program is to prepare undergraduate entry-level professionals to enhance the quality of health care for athletes and the physically active. Preparation is supported by formal instruction, clinical experience, and research.
The vision of the Grand Valley State University Athletic Training Program is to be recognized as an outstanding program that provides exceptional experiences; preparing students to excel on the Board Certification Exam and to enter the profession as qualified health care providers. The AT Program also strives to promote the Athletic Training profession as an essential component of the allied health care field.
1. Students will understand and practice foundational concepts in Athletic Training.
2. Students will understand and practice sound principles of ethical judgment, critical thinking, and self-reflection in Athletic Training.
3. Students will understand and practice scholarship as it relates to discipline of Athletic Training.
4. Students will identify and demonstrate respect for diversity in the human experience as it relates to individuals, community and society.
5. Students will understand and exhibit commitment to service as it relates to the discipline of Athletic Training.
6. Students will incorporate the best available evidence, their clinical skills and the needs of the patients to maximize patient outcomes.