Connecting diverse interdisciplinary communities and cultivating innovative liberal learning.
The Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies will be recognized locally and nationally as a leader in the areas of integrative interdisciplinary learning, high impact educational practices, applied sustainability, and community engagement.
Through an innovative culture and inclusive conversation, the Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies:
- Models and promotes applied sustainability practice through partnerships and collaborations.
- Facilitates and fosters integrative interdisciplinary teaching and learning.
- Models inclusion and change for the university, by connecting with local, national and global communities.
- Creates, promotes, and supports high impact experiential and intercultural learning opportunities.
- Encourages and sustains a nurturing and creative environment by supporting and including the diverse voices of the College and the greater university community.
- A collegial and collaborative environment where we support each other and work together in an open and transparent manner.
- Cultural diversity and diversity of thought and ideas as a source of creativity and as a foundational principle in our curriculum and in our communities.
- Engagement in our local and global communities, in such programs as experiential or service learning, intercultural studies, community education, and study abroad programs.
- Exploration and teaching that challenges the metaphors of disciplinary boundaries and engages students in a transformative critique of their multiple environments.
Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies Inclusion and Equity Plan:
- Creating an atmosphere where faculty, staff and students work together as educators.
- Risk-taking and innovation that encourages alternative approaches to scholarship, teaching, and learning
Page last modified September 12, 2013