The heart of Grand Valley's science programs set in the middle of the Allendale Campus. Students come to Henry hall for science and computing classes and use of the computer labs.
Named after former U.S. Representative Paul B. Henry of Grand Rapids, the 62,532 square foot Henry Hall contains three lecture halls, computer labs, and several interactive distance learning classrooms.
Paul Henry (July 9, 1932 - July 31, 1993) first served Michigan residents in the Michigan State House Of Representatives from 1979 to 1982 and the Michigan State Senate from 1983-1985 before elected from Michigan's 5th Distrcit to the United State House Of Representatives in 1984. Henry served in Congress until his death in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Born in Chicago, Illinois, Paul Brentwood Henry graduated from Pasadena High School, Pasadena, California, in 1959. He received a B.A. from Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois in 1963. He was a Peace Corps volunteer in Liberia and Ethiopia from 1963 to 1965. He earned a M.A. from Duke University in 1968 and a Ph.D. from Duke in 1970. He served as a professor of political science at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan from 1970 to 1978. Henry was a member of the Michigan State Board of Education from 1975 to 1978.
Henry Hall was completed in 1995. Formation, a 40 ft by 5 1/2 foot tile mural lines the atrium wall of Henry Hall. It was created from the clay found at the building site by Daleene Menning, artist and Professor Emeritus of GVSU.
Page last modified May 13, 2013