Alumni Socials are a great way to network with fellow alums and other successful business people from the community. Thank you to Mercantile Bank for underwriting our socials at Cygnus27 for the 2012-2013 year!
Current Students > Undergraduate
WELCOME TO THE SEIDMAN UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS OFFICE (UPO)
Advising and Planning Your Degree
Current and prospective Grand Valley State University students are encouraged to meet with advisors to discuss admission, career planning, graduation, and personal issues impacting academic progress. Academic advisors are available in the Undergraduate Programs Office, 101B DeVos Center, Pew Grand Rapids Campus, and in Allendale.
Long-Range Planning Appointments
Typically up to 30-minutes
Monday-Friday, by appointment
Appointments are available on the Allendale and Pew Grand Rapids campuses.
Call 616.331.7500, email, or stop by to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
For the most immediate response to advising questions, please send inquiries to email@example.com. Emails sent to this address will receive a response within 24 hours.
Walk-in Advising is offered Monday through Friday beginning at 8:00 a.m. at the Undergraduate Programs Office, 101B DeVos Center, Pew Grand Rapids Campus.
Be sure to visit the Undergraduate Programs Office throughout the academic career.
- Prepare for admission: See your academic advisor to talk about admission to the Seidman College of Business. Advisors can answer your questions about registration, prerequisites, secondary admissions requirement and degree planning.
- First semester: Start off strong in the Seidman College of Business! Consult with an advisor to discuss your goals and make medium and long range plans. Explore ways to make your education unique.
- Study abroad: Expand your global mindset! Explore study abroad opportunities at the Barbara H. Padnos International Center. As an undergraduate student, you can study abroad with Faculty-Led programs, Exchange programs, and Study Abroad Test Drive trips. Work with the study abroad advisor to see how courses taken abroad can be used toward your business degree. Start early!
- Internships: Putting theory into practice. Experience the field first hand. Undergraduate advisors can help you find resources and make decisions about when, where, and why you should do an internship.
- Make your degree unique: Add a certificate, concentration, and more. You have a variety of ways to specialize within the Bachelor of Business Administration degree. See your academic advisor to talk about how to make the degree program fit your interests and goals. Advisors can help you make plans and explore options.
Apply to graduate and finalize your academic plans with an advisor. Discuss and clarify long term goals. Get tips on preparation for graduate school. Prepare to apply for full-time positions if you have not done so already. Your UPO advisors are here to guide, support, and refer you to appropriate resources on campus for help in launching your post undergraduate journey. Students may apply to graduate once they have registered for their final course work.
Learn more about your new career by joining student organizations and meet other business students. Attend conferences and work together on projects while building relationships that will help you succeed after graduation.
Build Your Career
Take advantage of internships, scholarships, and job opportunities with local businesses. The Grand Rapids business community is a thriving center of entrepreneurship and innovation. Start building relationships with leaders in the community now.
New Student OrientationView a brief video about the Seidman College of Business to learn more about its impressive faculty, student organizations, campus features, and learning environment.
Student Code of Honor
The principles of truth and honesty are recognized as fundamental to a community of teachers and scholars. As such, the Seidman College of Business expects both faculty and students to honor these principles and, in so doing, to forge a lifelong commitment to ethical behavior. View the complete Student Code of Honor.
To report a violation of the Student Code of Honor, click here.
Page last modified November 15, 2012