The Accelerated Full-Time Integrated MBA (FIMBA) provides new or recent college graduates the opportunity to earn an MBA while gaining real-world business experience with a local organization. The program integrates the business disciplines to deliver theory as well as practical knowledge and skills. An 11-month business fellowship (internship) with one of Seidman's corporate partners is integral to the program.
Students with undergraduate business degrees usually have completed all background coursework. Individuals with majors other than business are invited to contact the Graduate Business Office to determine which background courses are still required to help ensure their success in the program.
The FIMBA program is 42 credits. Access to special ERP software enhances technology skills and integrates the curriculum. Students complete the following courses as a cohort.
· MBA 601 Quantitative Analysis for Business Decisions - credits 2
· MBA 602 Essential Business Technologies – credits 1
· MBA 603 Basics of Integrated Business Processes – credits 3
· MBA 615 Integrated Business Processes with ERP Systems – 15 credits
· MBA 620 Global Strategy – 9 credits
· MBA 634 Sustainability Principles & Practices – 1.5 credits
· MBA 642 Corporate Strategy for Business Cycles – 3 credits
· MBA 677 Business Ethical Problems & Perspectives – 1.5 credits
· MBA 678 – Leadership and Ethics – 3 credits
· MBA 690 – Business Fellowship – 3 credits
Winter semester courses are enhanced with a two-week international experience. Students attend the Washington Campus program in Washington, D.C., for five days during the final semester. There they learn about political and economic environments and explore the relationship between business and government. Travel accommodations are made by the Seidman College and are included in the all-inclusive tuition package.
Business Fellowship (Internship)
Integral to the FIMBA program is the business fellowship (internship), which provides students real-world experience. Student fellows are compensated by the employer, which helps to defray the costs of their studies. The Seidman College of Business Graduate Programs and Career Services provide fellowship opportunities for FIMBA candidates. Preliminarily admitted candidates are screened by fellow organizations for selection. Each FIMBA student must secure a fellowship prior to full admission to the program.
A complete description of the program is available in the GVSU Catalog.