FIMBA fellows work in professional positions with a corporate partner for at least 11 months. Students will:
- Earn at least $17 per hour, 20 hours per week during the school year, and full-time during the final summer.
- Grow quickly through mentorship and real-world experience
- Connect lessons learned in the workplace to the business curriculum
- Establish professional contacts and personal relationships
- Interact with executives and strategic discussions
- Gain visibility to potential employers
Students earn their fellowship as part of a competitive admission process which includes interviewing with prospective companies. Candidates are prepared for this process through workshops that focus on resume writing, interviewing and branding. Workshops run January – March, with company interviews starting in April.
Who wins with a FIMBA fellowship:
“What we found is that it’s a great way for the student to get to know us and us get to know them, and people who then join the company excel. As the school continues to build its reputation, was we continue to see good talent come out of the program, it would be kind of crazy not to continue to build our relationship.”
-John Malnor, Vice president of growth initiatives, Steelcase
"FIMBA was beneficial to me because I did not have to stop growing in my professional career. I was able to continue working while pursuing an M.B.A. My immediate goal following the program was to secure a job. I was able to prove my abilities and work ethic through my fellowship and have accepted a position with Steelcase. In general, I aspire to work globally and learn more about innovation, user-centered design and entrepreneurship."
- Elizabeth Blair, FIMBA 2012 Graduate
Here are just a few of our recent partners:
Page last modified November 5, 2013