Title: Full Professor
Office: L. William Seidman Center,3007
Dr. Levenburg is an Associate Professor of Operations Management and teaches both graduate-level and undergraduate courses, including operations management, management science/operations research, and operations strategy. Her primary research interests include family business, small business management, and strategic applications of information technologies to improve operations. Dr. Levenburg currently serves on the Editorial Review Board of Family Business Review, and on the Board of Directors of both the North American Case Research Association (NACRA) and the Gamma Phi Beta House Corporation Board. She has published articles in Information Systems Journal, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Journal of Small Business Strategy, Case Research Journal, and International Small Business Journal, among others. In 2005, she was the recipient of the U.S. Small Business Administrationís award as ìResearch Advocate of the Yearî for the State of Michigan.
- Graduate Certificate, Online Teaching, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). (1997).
- Institute for Management and Leadership in Education (MLE), Harvard University. (1996).
- PH.D., Marketing and Operations Management, The Union Institute and University. "A Model for Effective Curriculum Development in Operations Management." (1995).
- Graduate Study Ph.D, Marketing, Krannert Graduate School of Management, Purdue University. (1985).
- MBA, Marketing, Western Michigan University. (1977).
- BS, Business (Marketing), Miami University, Ohio. (1975).
- Teaching Areas
- ïOperations Management
- ïManagement Science
- Gupta, V., Levenburg, N. (2013). A Thematic Analysis of Cultural Variations in Family Businesses - The CASE Project (2nd ed., vol. 23, pp. 155-169). Family Business Review.
- Gupta, V., Levenburg, N. (2013). Women in Family Business: Three Generations of Research. Handbook of Research on Family Business (pp. 346-267). Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar Publishing, Inc..
- Preiss, M., Klein, H., Levenburg, N., Nohavov·, A. (2013). A cross-country evaluation of cheating in academia ñ comparison of US and Czech data. Journal of Academic Ethics, 11(2), 157-167.
- Editorial and Review Activities, North American Case Research Association (NACRA) 2009 Annual Meeting, Conference Paper Reviewer, appointed, International.
- Editorial and Review Activities, Case Research Journal, Associate Editor, appointed, International. (June 2013 - Present).
- Department, Management Department Search Committee, Committee Member, Local. (June 2012 - Present).