Title: Full Professor
Office: L. William Seidman Center, 3051
Dr. Simha R. Magal, Professor of Management (MIS) and director, ERP initiative, in the Seidman College of Business. He received his doctorate from the University of Georgia. His primary research interests included e-business and enterprise systems. Dr. Magal’s articles have appeared in such publications as MIS Quarterly, Journal of MIS, and Information and Management, among others, and he has served on the editorial boards of several journals.
- PH.D., Management Information Systems, Computer Science, University of Georgia. (1987).
- MBA, Finance and Management, Valdosta State College. (1982).
- B.Comm, Commerce and Banking, University of Delhi. (1980).
- Enterprise Information Systems / SAP
- Electronic Commerce
- Levenburg, N., Gupta, V., Magal, S. (2011). The Uptake of Electronic Commerce in the Retail Industry: Enhancing our Understanding. Journal of Global Business and Technology, 7(1), 35-56.
- Magal, S. (2011). Integrated Business Processes with ERP Systems, First Edition. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons.
- Community, West Michigan CIO council, Interaction with Industry, Regional.
- Professional, Association for Information Systems (AIS), Committee Member, approximately 20 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, International.
- College, ERP Committee, Committee Chair, approximately 1000 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, compensated, Regional. (2005 - Present).