Title: Full Professor
Office: L. William Seidman Center, 3039
Professor Pettengill received his Ph.D from the University of Arkansas in 1976 and has done post doctorate work at the University of Missouri. He is a long time member of the MIdwest Finance Association. He has served the association in numerous capacities including board of directors member, program chair, president, executive director and currently serves as treasurer of the association education fund. Glenn and his wife Rita enjoy kayaking. He has four children, four grand children and two cats: Nellie & Twoey. Glenn teaches corporate finance and investments.
- Post-Doctoral, Finance, University of Missouri. (1986).
- PH.D., Economics, University of Arkansas. (1976).
- MA, Economics, University of California, Davis. (1970).
- BA, Economics, History, Fort Hays Kansas State University. (1967).
- market anomalies
- asset pricing models
- capital structure
- Chang, Y. (., Pettengill, G., Hueng, J. (2013). Risk-Return Predictions with the Fama-French Three-Factor Model. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 5(1), 34-47.
- De Bondt, W., Pettengill, G., Hur, J., Singh, V. (2012). The Intricate Relation Between Return, Market Value and Past Performance of Common Stocks in the United States 1926-2006 (vol. 2012). Midwest Finance Association.
- Pettengill, G., Gondhalekar, V., W. J. (2012). Simulation of risk and return distributions: Short-Selling versus Put options (2012th ed., pp. 64-71). Decision Sciences Institute.
- Professional, Midwest Finance Education Fund, Treasurer, approximately 5 hours spent per year, Days, appointed, International. (October 15, 2009 - Present).
- College, Seidman School of Business, Finance Faculty Seminar. (2006 - Present).
- University, Curriculum Committee, Member. (2005 - Present).