Title: Full Professor
Office: L. William Seidman Center, 3134
Dr. Gerry Simons received his Bachelor of Social Science in Money, Banking, and Finance from the University of Birmingham in his native England. He followed with his M.A. and Ph.D. in Economics at the University of Kansas, where he was an instructor in the economics department. His research and teaching interests are in International Economics and Economic Development.
Gerry Simons is a 2011 recipient of GVSU's Pew Teaching Excellence Award and a 1996 recipient of SCB's Outstanding Teacher Award. He is also a faculty advisor in the Seidman College of Business's International Business Program.
- PH.D., Economics, University of Kansas. (1995).
- MA, Economics, University of Kansas. (1991).
- B.Soc.Sci, Money, Banking, and Finance, University of Birmingham, England. (1989).
- International economics
- emerging markets
- Simons, G. (2013). Have Recent Free Trade Agreements Boosted Michigan's Exports?. Seidman Business Review.
- Bhattacharya, G., Simons, G. (2013). Predatory Government and the Informal Sector. International Journal of Education and Research, 1(2), 21.
- Simons, G., Isely, P. (2013). The Wind Energy Industry: R&D Funding and International Technological Diffusion (1st ed., vol. 19, pp. 77-78). International Advances in Economic Research.
- College, Seidman Business Review, Editor. (August 2012 - Present).
- College, College Curriculum Committee, Committee Chair. (2011 - Present).
- College, Strategic Management Committee, Committee Member. (2011 - Present).