Title: Department Chair
Office: L. William Seidman Center, 3027
Dr. Sridhar Sundaram is Professor and Department Chairperson of the Finance Department at the Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University. His educational background includes a Masters degree in Accounting and a Doctorate degree in Finance. He has published several articles on various topics in corporate finance and bank management. His business experience involves several years of working with his familyís retail business. For the year 2004, Dr. Sundaram was awarded the Van Andel Global Trade Center (VAGTC) Trade Scholar Award. His project deals with foreign exchange risk management by small and medium size firms. In 2008 he was awarded the Family Owned Business Institute (FOBI) Scholar award. His project examined the impact of hedge fund investments on family owned business. He has published in Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Financial Review, Journal of Banking and Finance, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Journal of Accounting and Finance Research and other journals. Actively participates at the FMA, SFA and the MFA. Ad hoc referee for several finance journals. In 2009 He received the Niemeyer Award as recognition of his excellence in teaching, research and service.
- DBA, Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. (1990).
- MBA, Corporate Finance, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. (1986)
- M.Comm, Accounting, PSG College of Arts & Sciences, India. (1984).
- B.Comm, Accounting, PSG College of Arts & Sciences, India. (1982).
- corporate finance
- bank management
- financial markets and institutions
- asset pricing
- market efficiency
- corporate governance
- regulatory effects on financial institutions
- Sundaram, S. (2012). Film Profitability Study 2012. Grand Rapids, MI: Dove Foundation Commissioned Study.
- Sundaram, S., Pettengill, G. (2011). Momentum Returns: Market, Seasonal and Aging Considerations. International Journal of Behavioral Accounting and Finance, 2(1), 79-97.
- Community, West Michigan Hindu Temple, President of Executive Baord and Board of Trustee, approximately 20 hours spent per year, Hours, elected, Local. (December 2012 - Present).
- College, FIMBA Program, Academic Director of FIMBA, approximately 25 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, Local. (August 2012 - Present).
- College, Seidman Dedication Committee, Member, approximately 6 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, Local. (August 2012 - Present).