GVSU Career Center
LakerJobs System Update
The LakerJobs system is currently undergoing a transition to a new vendor. This transition is expected to be complete by June 18th, 2013
During this transition period there will be two separate systems with the name "LakerJobs" attached to them. The old system contained internships and full-time positions posted by the Career Center and will no longer be available after the system transition is complete. The new LakerJobs system will be shared by the Career Center and the Student Employment Office and will provide a single convenient location for students to search for any type of job including: part-time jobs, on-campus jobs, seasonal jobs, internships, and full-time positions. Visit http://gvsu.edu/lakerjobs to access either system.
- One convenient place to search for any type of job including: part-time jobs, on-campus jobs, seasonal jobs, internships, and full-time positions.
- Sign up for on-campus interviews with employers looking to hire GVSU students for internships and full-time employment.
- Ability to login using your GVSU issues network ID and Password.
- Create job search agents which will automatically email you with jobs that fit the criteria that you set.
Things to Consider
- If you previously used the old LakerJobs system, then any documents that you have uploaded will be lost during the transition. We STRONGLY encourage you to download and save any documents that you have stored in LakerJobs.
- Post an unlimited number of jobs free of charge.
- Job postings will have much higher exposure to GVSU students because all students will be using a single job system.
- Participate in on-campus interviews.
- Register for career fairs.
Things to Consider
- If you previously used the old LakerJobs system we will be importing much of your data into the new system. Included in the import will be job postings, however we are unable to import the applicants for your job postings. If you have been accumulating resumes online through LakerJobs, we will be emailing you a resume book of your applicants.
- If you previously used the old LakerJobs system, we will be sending you new login information which will include a new LakerJobs password. Upon your initial login to the new system you will be able to reset your password to whatever you would like.
If you have any questions about our transition to the new LakerJobs system, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your patience during this transition period.
Page last modified May 29, 2013