GVSU Career Center
On-campus interviewing allows students to interview with various employers for internships and professional positions right here on GVSU’s campus. This is a great opportunity to meet with employers in a familiar and comfortable environment. Interviews are held on both the Allendale and DeVos campuses.
LakerJobs, our online internship and professional job posting site, provides a one-stop shop for searching, applying and signing up for interviews. Employers will post a position with LakerJobs and indicate if it is one of the following types of schedule:
- Open Schedule – An open schedule allows any applicant that meets the screening criteria to submit their resume and sign up for an interview time.
- Preselect Schedule – A preselect schedule allows the employer to set candidate screening criteria, review resumes and "invite" selected candidates to an interview. Applicants then select an available time to interview.
Please review the GVSU Career Center Student/Alumni No-Show Policy prior to participating in on-campus interviews.
How to Sign Up
- When exploring LakerJobs, you can search for “All Jobs & Interviews” which will pull anything that is posted in LakerJobs; “All Interviews” which will pull only positions that are participating in on-campus interviews; or you can narrow it down by searching for only those positions/interviews you qualify for (this is based on the screening criteria established by the employer and the information contained in your profile).
- When you find a position of interest, click “Apply” and submit the required documents (you’ll need to upload your resume/cover letter and any supplemental materials first – do this by clicking the “Documents” tab on the top toolbar).
- For Preselect Schedules, you will receive an email if you’ve been selected to interview. Click “Interviews” on the top toolbar and select your interview time (you can do this as early as 5pm on the day scheduling opens). Open Schedules will allow you to sign up any time before the schedule’s close date.
If you are interested in a particular employer who is interviewing on campus, you can also search for that employer by name by clicking on the “Employers” tab on the top toolbar and looking at their available positions.
Never interviewed before or need assistance fine tuning your resume before you apply? Feel free to meet with a Career Advisor by calling 616-331-3311 (Allendale) / 616-331-6708 (Grand Rapids) or stopping in during Time for Ten. They can help answer any questions and help position you to put your best foot forward!
Page last modified January 15, 2013