College of Community & Public Service Advising Center

How to Declare Your Major

How to Declare Your GVSU Major (or Minor)

The process to declare your major (or minor) is now online in myBanner.

  1. Log into myBanner using your G# and Pin#
  2. Click on Student
  3. Click on Student Records
  4. Click on Change Major (even to change your minor)
  5. Click on the item you would like to update (major 1, major 2, minor 1, etc.)
  6. Select the appropriate program from the drop down list
  7. Click on Submit
  8. Click on Change to New Program

You should see a message that says the changes have been successfully submitted. You will then receive an email within a couple business days confirming the change and providing you with information from the department.

Page last modified August 5, 2009