Admission to Master of Science in CMB
In addition to the requirements listed in the Graduate Admission section of the GVSU catalog, candidates must satisfy all of the following admissions criteria.
Applicants need to clearly indicate whether they are applying for the Research Thesis or Biotechnology Emphasis.
To apply submit a graduate application!
1. A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (B) for all undergraduate coursework is required.
2. Satisfactory GRE score (see note below for conditional admission if you have not yet taken the GRE).
3. Official transcripts submitted directly from every institution of higher education previously attended.
4. Resume detailing work experiences and accomplishments.
5. Personal statement of career goals and background experiences, including an explanation of how this program will help achieve educational and professional objectives.
6. Written recommendations from at least two individuals who are in positions to attest to the applicant's successful completion of the program.
Admission will be based on the materials submitted by the potential candidate and by the perceived ability of the University to successfully provide appropriate academic support for the candidate.
Students applying for the Research Thesis emphasis need to submit materials promptly so they can be circulated to the faculty as a Research Thesis student has to have been accepted by a faculty member before admission.
Students may be given full or conditional admission. Conditional admission may be granted to students with identified deficiencies in their background, but who are otherwise qualified for program admission. Specific requirements to address any such deficiencies will be defined by the CMB Graduate Program Committee and the student's Graduate Committee Chair.
If you have not yet taken the GRE, a conditional admission is possible.
Page last modified April 2, 2013