Research Opportunities for Cell and Molecular Biology
At Grand Valley State University, research, scholarship, and creative activity are essential components of the university’s mission as an institution of higher learning. All Cell and Molecular Biology majors are required to do at least 3 credits of research; with the option to do more. To get started on your research process, please talk with your advisor.
Research Approval Process
To register for research credits, you need to:
- Fill out a short form in the CMB/BIO office (212 Henry Hall
- The Graduate Program Diector will review for approval
- Register for CMB 499 through Banner, once you receive approval from the Program Director
- Fill out a form for the GVSU faculty member, if you are working with one, in order to fund supplies for research
1. Here with a GVSU faculty member (from a variety of departments),
2. With a mentor at the Van Andel Research Institute or with MSU faculty housed at the Institute,
3. Elsewhere in the country (or world) through an established program (see the CMB website for suggestions), or
4. Via an internship situation you identify which is approved by GVSU.
Opportunities for Undergraduates
Page last modified February 19, 2014