Master of Education in Higher Education with an Emphasis in College Student Affairs Leadership
Interested in this program? Apply now or contact the College of Education's Student Information and Services Center for additional information at 616-331-6650 or email@example.com.
This program is designed for persons who wish to develop their knowledge and competencies in working with adult and higher education students and for individuals who wish to enter student affairs administration in higher education. Students are required to complete a minimum of 42 semester hours.
Find out more about the CSAL program...
Social Foundation Courses - Take one course (3 credits):
- EDF 671 Educational Policy and Practice
- EDF 672 Social and Cultural Foundations of Education
Emphasis Area Courses (24 credits):
- EDH 647 Theories of College Student Development
- EDH 651 Higher Education & Student Affairs Functions
- EDH 652 The American College Student
- EDH 653 Administration of Student Affairs Programs
- EDH 654 Student Affairs Administrator and the Law
- EDH 655 Intervention Strategies for Student Development
- EDH 685 L Practicum I
- EDH 686 Practicum II
Electives (Advisor approval required) (9 credits)
Research Foundation Course (Prerequisite to ED 693/695) (3 credits):
- EDF 660 Educational Inquiry and Evaluation
Capstone (Application form required. Apply in advance. Advisor approval required). (3 credits) Select One:
- ED 693 Master's Project
- ED 695 Master's Thesis
Application deadlines (Practicum/Thesis/Project):
February 15 for spring/summer, May 15 for fall, September 15 for winter semester.