College of Education - Graduate
Reading/Language Arts Course Format Options
Note: Visit the Reading/Language Arts Programs page for information about the four programs we offer.
The Reading/Language Arts programs offer traditional face-to-face class options where students meet for the majority of the semester face-to-face with the professor and other students on campus.
Upcoming courses taught face-to-face:
- EDR 621: Current Issues and Trends in Literacy - Winter 2014
- EDR 622: Developmental Literacy for Children - Fall 2013
- EDR 624: Literature for Children - Summer 2013
- EDR 626: Literacy Assessment and Instruction - Fall 2013 & Winter 2014
- EDR 631: Teaching Writing - Summer & Fall 2013
The Reading/Language Arts programs offer blended learning options, or hybrid courses. Hybrid courses combine face-to-face classroom methods with computer-mediated activities, thus creating an integrated approach for both instructors and students.
Upcoming courses taught as hybrid:
- EDR 623: Developmental Literacy for Adolescents - Winter 2014
- EDR 625: Literature for Adolescents - Fall 2013
- EDR 627: Literacy Strategies for Content Areas - Spring 2013
- EDR 628: Curriculum and Materials for Language Arts - Spring 2013 & Winter 2014
Starting Fall 2013, the Reading/Language Arts programs will offer fully online programs, inviting students near and far to earn an M.Ed. in Literacy Studies from Grand Valley State University. For more information on our Literacy Studies online program, please contact Elizabeth Stolle (email@example.com).
Upcoming courses taught online:
- EDR 621: Current Issues and Trends in Literacy - Fall 2013
- EDR 622: Developmental Literacy for Children - Winter 2014
To check the schedule of classes for availability of courses:
- Visit Online Schedule
- Select a Term and submit
- Under "Subject", select "Education Reading"
Under "Instructional Method", select the format you are interested in:
- Traditional (face-to-face)
- Select any other attributes to limit your results
- Click "Class search"
Page last modified April 9, 2013