In this first year of the Office for Community Engagement, we hope to talk to students who
- have participated in a meaningful community-based or service learning course
- have completed or are currently involved in an internship in which you were mentored by both an employer and faculty member
- have completed or are currently involved in research (usually with a faculty member) on assets, causes, or solutions related to a community challenge.
If this sounds like you, your perspective will be invaluable as we seek to learn the following things:
- What was the best aspect of your work with a community partner and what did you gain from the partnership? What did you contribute?
- What were the core factors that made your learning experience meaningful?
- Given your experience, what do you see as the most pressing needs, challenges, and opportunities facing our region? How might GVSU lead and contribute to addressing these needs?
If you have insights to share, we would love to have a conversation with you! Please get in touch with us by emailing Ruth Stegeman at email@example.com or by calling 616-331-9120.
Page last modified March 21, 2013