Community Outreach Week
Benefits of Volunteering
Whether it is important to you to advance a worthy cause or to develop as a person, volunteering offers many benefits. Volunteering can help you:
- meet new people and make important networking contacts and new friends.
- make a difference in someone’s life.
- learn or develop skills.
- teach your skills to others.
- gain work experience and enhance your résumé.
- explore new areas of interest/expand your horizons.
- build self-esteem and self-confidence.
- fulfill the mission of Grand Valley State University by shaping your community.
- improve your health.
- contribute to a cause that you care about.
- express gratitude for help you may have received in the past.
- communicate to others that you are ambitious, enthusiastic and care about the community.
- set an example for future volunteers.
Page last modified December 22, 2011