Vision, Mission, Values & Goals
To authorize the highest performing charter schools.
To enhance student learning by providing oversight, compliance, and professional development to our charter schools.
- School performance is measured at the individual student level.
- Data are critical for informing decisions.
- Accountability includes student achievement, compliance and fiscal responsibility.
- Student success equals strong educational leadership, great teachers, effective governance, diversity, respect and continuous improvement.
- To improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Charter Schools Office.
- To encourage competitive applications that propose innovative instructional models to meet the needs of targeted students.
- To design a plan for providing accurate information about charter schools to the general public and selected sectors.
- To strategically manage Grand Valley State University's presence in Detroit.
- To develop and implement a standardized start-up process for new charter schools.
- To further inclusion and equity in the CSO and the GVSU Charter Schools.
- To integrate the Office of Charter School's Activities within the broader university.
- To assist post-graduate GVSU authorized charter school students to be successful.
Page last modified September 11, 2013