Quick Tip: Get as much information as possible and dial 911.
IN THE EVENT OF A BOMB THREAT:
Obtain and document as much information as possible on the Bomb Threat Sheet.
Do not use: radio/walkie talkie/cell phones/beepers — transmission could set off a bomb.
Do not speak to anyone about the incident until released to do so.
Dial 911 and report incident immediately.
If the building is to be evacuated, follow the building evacuation guidelines and stay alert to your surroundings.
Immediately dial 911 and report any suspicious persons or objects.
Extend the distance to stay away from the affected building from 350 feet to 500 feet.
QUESTIONS TO ASK:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb right now?
- What does it look like?
- What type of bomb is it?
- What will cause the bomb to explode?
- Who planted the bomb?
- Why was the bomb planted?
- When was the bomb planted?
- What is your name/telephone number/address?
Page last modified October 18, 2010