School of Engineering
Secondary Admission to Engineering Majors:
Admission to majors in the B.S.E. program is competitive and requires a secondary application. Admission is required prior to beginning the mandatory co-op program and before taking upper division courses (300 and 400 level courses).
Applicants must meet at least the following:
- A GPA of 2.7 or above in the engineering foundation course sequence.
- Completion of each course in the engineering foundation course sequence with a grade of C (2.0) or above.
- Completion of EGR 289 in preparation for placement in cooperative engineering education.
Transfer students must also complete at least one semester of engineering courses at Grand Valley before they can be admitted to their desired major.
The School of Engineering course repeat policy for admission is as follows:
- Admission GPA will be calculated on the basis of no more than one repeat per required course in foundation courses sequence.
Students must apply to the their desired major before the last day of classes of the semester prior to taking upper division courses, including co – op.
- The most common process is for a student to apply during EGR 289: Engineering Co-op Preparation.
Applications are made online, and require the submission of a short essay. Notifications of admission are issued no later than the second week of the following semester.
Once admitted to a major in the B.S.E. program, students are expected to devote sufficient time to complete the work assigned in each course. Students are expected to maintain the highest ethical standards at all times.
Use the link below to access the application.
(Note: Login using Kennedy Hall computer lab credentials)
Page last modified August 18, 2014