School of Engineering
Welcome to the Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) program offered by the School of Engineering at Grand Valley State University. The School of Engineering is part of the Padnos College of Engineering and Computing.
The MSE program serves working engineering professionals employed full time who wish to pursue their education on a part-time basis. The program provides these students with the education they need to exceed the expectations of their employers.
The MSE program serves full-time graduate students who seek a research foundation upon which to base doctoral-level studies, as well as those who seek to enhance their employability through Masters-level engineering studies.
The program is designed for engineers who are self-motivated and inquisitive. Engineering knowledge and skills are strengthened by courses and projects that apply advanced engineering methods to solve practical problems. Our graduates develop the ability to:
- Exceed expectations of their employers
- Solve "big-picture" types of problems
- Develop innovative technical solutions
- Solve complex technical problems
- Apply advanced theory to practical problems
- Provide technical leadership
- Communicate effectively
- Pursue further education
- Serve as ethical role models
Our students have the opportunity to:
- Study in a different area of engineering than their undergraduate education
- Perform class and capstone projects based on the technical issues they are facing at work
- Apply up-to-date engineering tools and software to today's technical problems
- Tailor their education to their current and future professional needs
- Learn the latest engineering techniques and how to apply them
- Cover material that addresses the needs of regional industry
- Pursue a program of study designed to meet their specific interests
- Work closely with faculty, many of whom have industrial as well as academic experience
Page last modified December 11, 2009