Frequently Asked Questions
What are some examples of requests for assistance that I should submit to Customer Service?
- Temperature calls - my office is too hot or too cold.
- Door problems - the lock on my office door doesn't work.
- Recycling - I'm cleaning out files and need a large volume of paper picked up for recycling.
- Spills - someone spilled a pop in the hall.
- Moves/set-ups - I need several boxes of heavy materials moved across campus.
- Special events - we need tables and chairs set up for an event.
- Bulb replacement - the light in my classroom is flickering.
- Roof leaks - water is dripping from the ceiling.
- Event signs - I'd like signs put up for a campus event.
- Hazardous waste - a student spilled something in a lab.
My student lives on campus and would like to report a problem in his/her room. How does he/she submit a work request?
Please ask the student to submit a work order on-line. If this is an emergency, call 331-3000.
How do I know it is an emergency or not?
If a facilities situation jeopardizes an individual's safety or makes a facility unusable or uncomfortable (for example, gas leak, too hot, electrical or lock problems, etc.), please call 331-3000 for immediate assistance. If the request is a routine request (for example, bulb change or cleaning assistance, etc.) then submit the request on-line. If there is any doubt, please call.
What if I'm not sure which department within Facilities Services & Planning to contact?
Call Customer Service at 331-3000 - the staff will be happy to help direct your call.
Page last modified August 11, 2011