Complete Perkins/Federal Nursing Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
First time Perkins Loan & Federal Nursing Loan borrowers will need to complete a master promissory note through ECSI before any loan funds will be disbursed to the university. The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s).
The entire MPN process must be completed in a single session, so be sure you have enough time before you start. Each MPN generally takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Log on to ECSI's website at https://www.ecsi.net/promY9
- Confirm your Social Security Number. Add your last name and date of birth.
- Provide your PIN when requested on the Student Authentication Network page. If you do not have a valid PIN, you must go to the Federal Student Aid PIN website to request a PIN.
- Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
- You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin (a relative) and three additional references. Failure to complete ALL lines accurately will keep this loan from disbursing to your account.
- MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE - Read completely. Once you have read the promissory note you must electronically sign the note at the bottom of the page. The electronic signature includes a check off box plus your full legal name.
Your electronic promissory note will be reviewed by the Long Term Loan Office before any monies are disbursed. By completing the online process, you will not need to complete the paper process that requires similar information. If you have questions please contact the Long Term Loans Office.
Page last modified March 17, 2014