College Goal Sunday
February 10, 2013
Time: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: GVSU Pew Campus, DeVos Center, 401 Fulton St. Grand Rapids, MI
More Information: http://www.micollegegoal.org
Map to location here.
Grand Valley is proud to host College Goal Sunday. Students and/or families who would like FREE assistance in filing their 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are encouraged to attend. We will have financial aid professionals available to help you file your FAFSA online.
Here are some items that parents should bring to assist you in the FAFSA filing process:
- Social Security Number
- Driver's license (if any)
- W-2 Forms for the previous year and other records of money earned
Your (and your spouse's, if you are married) most recent Federal Income Tax Return:
- IRS Form 1040,
- foreign tax return, or
- tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia
- Parent's Federal Income Tax Return for the previous year (if you are a dependent student as defined by federal criteria)
Untaxed income records for the previous year:
- Social Security,
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families,
- welfare, or
- veterans benefits
- Current bank statements
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen.
For additional information on the event, click on College Goal Sunday.
If you have questions contact us at (616) 331-3234 or toll-free at (800) 748-0246.