General Education Program
Changes to MTH 110
How do I fulfill the Math 110 proficiency?
Below are the ways to meet MTH 110 Proficiency:
Successful completion of the MTH 110 course OR
- Initial placement of "Ready for Courses Requiring Introductory Mathematics" or "Ready for Courses Requiring Advanced Mathematics"
- Pass the MTH 110 proficiency test (www.gvsu.edu/testserv)
- Transfer credit for MTH 110, 122, 123, 125, 201, 202, 203, 225 or 302.
- AP credit for MTH 201 and/or 202. (Score of 3 or higher required.)
- CLEP credit for MTH 122 or 201.
If you are a student that started at GVSU BEFORE FALL 2011:
1. You must meet MTH 110 Proficiency, even if you fulfill GE Foundation - Mathematical Science (F-MS) or MACRAO elsewhere
2. You must adopt a new catalog
If you are a New Transfer Student:
1. If you fulfilled MACRAO then you have fulfilled F-MS
2. You can transfer in any course in F-MS. If so, you have then fulfilled F-MS
If you need F-MS, you must show MTH 110 Proficiency
If you are a New Freshman:
1. MTH110 course, or proficiency (see list above), is a pre-requisite for F-MS
Page last modified April 1, 2014