Geography and Planning
Student Scholarship Day
Student Scholarship Day, April 8, 2009, Paper and Poster Sessions
- Blanchard, Andrea. An Exploratory Study of the Relationship between Natural Hazards and Poverty Levels. Mentor, Xu Gang. GPY235 World Regional Geography.
- Brittain, Rebecca. Climate Change and Deforestation in Southeast Asia. Mentor, Elena Lioubimtseva. GPY412 Global Environmental Change.
- Chartier, Sarah, Kristina Venlet, Martha Haglund, Michael Workman, and Michael Haas. Using GIS to Optimize Plant Diversity and Habitat Suitability. Mentor, Edwin Joseph.
- Diaz, Eduardo. Exploring Mexico City with Spatial Information Technology: A GIS Approach. Mentor, Edwin Joseph.
- Guel, Anel. Palm Densities in the Peruvian Amazon. Mentors, Wanxiao Sun, Jim Penn. GPY407 Advanced GIS.
- Cudney, Joshua. An Exploratory Study of the Relationship Between Traffic Tickets and Traffic Accidents in Michigan. Mentor, Xu Gang. GPY235 World Regional Geography.
- Dillivan, Maxwell. Assessing the Business Location of Siciliano’s Market, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Mentor, Xu Gang. GPY364 GIS for Economic and Business Geography.
- Joseph, Kendal and Laurel Walker. St. Joseph and Benton Harbor: A Comparison using GIS. Mentor, Wanxiao Sun. GPY407 Advanced GIS.
- Kern, Dana. What World do you Live in? Mentor, Xu Gang. GPY235 World Regional Geography.
- Elizabeth McMurray. Urban Redevelopment and Migration into the City. Mentor, Roy Cole. GPY495 Capstone in Geography and Planning (Senior Thesis).
- McMurray, Elizabeth and Anne Santa Maria. Designing Wildlife Corridors for African Elephants in Kenya. Mentor, Wanxiao Sun.GPY407 Advanced GIS.
- Mystery Guest. Who is it?
- Pham, Dung. Illuminating the Night Sky: Exploring Light Intensity and Security on GVSU’s Allendale Campus. Mentor, Edwin Joseph.
- Sisson, Andrew. Climate Change Effects on Water Resource Availability and Ensuing Social Conflicts in the Near East. Mentor, Elena Lioubimtseva. GPY412 Global Environmental Change.
- Smith, Drew, Mary Lyons, Carrie Hause, Chelsey Carlson, and Anthony Petersen. A GIS Model of Gas Energy Infrastructure at Grand Valley State University, Allendale. Mentor, Edwin Joseph.
- Umran, Samer. How Dependent is the U.S. on Foreign Oil? Mentor Xu Gang. GPY235 World Regional Geography.
- Walker, Laurel and Kendall Joseph. Strategies to Improve Geographic Literacy in K12 Education using GIS, GPS, and Multimedia. Mentor, Edwin Joseph.
Page last modified March 17, 2014