Alumni Workplace Connections
Alumni Workplace Connections program connects Grand Valley State University alumni through their workplace to help grow a greater Grand Valley. These workplace campaigns encourage financial support of Grand Valley State University through individual and corporate matching gifts.
Alumni benefit from:
- Building relationships with co-workers who are fellow graduates of Grand Valley.
- Doubling or possibly tripling their gifts. Matching gift programs maximize the impact and value of each gift. Find out if your company has a matching gift policy.
- Supporting a number of areas such as the Grand Valley Fund, scholarships, endowments, or capital projects.
- Reconnecting with the university through social and professional networking opportunities.
Companies benefit from:
- Helping current Grand Valley students to succeed and receive educational opportunities that would otherwise not be available.
- Making an investment in the future of West Michigan and our state.
- Creating a community of Grand Valley alumni at your company who are actively engaged in the life of the university.
- Increasing employee morale by connecting co-workers.
- Supporting company hiring of top candidates from Grand Valley State University.
Grand Valley would like to acknowledge and thank the following for their participation and support!
Atomic Object: The long and rich relationship Carl Erickson, President and Co-Founder of Atomic Object, has with Grand Valley State University inspired him to launch a private fundraising campaign to help with the construction of the Mary Idema Pew Library and Learning Information Commons.
Hungerford, Aldrin, Nichols & Carter, PC: There is indeed power in numbers! GVSU alumni Kyle Purdy ’03 & ’08 and Dan Carter ’84 have organized a challenge to the employees at the Grand Rapids-based accounting firm. The firm is matching, dollar-for-dollar, the personal gifts of its employees to the L. William Seidman Center (scheduled to break ground on 5/25/11). To-date, over $30,000 has been committed by the firm and its employees for the project!