Sigma Kappa Chapter
Nickname: Kappa Sig's
Colors: Scarlet, White, and Emerald Green
Symbols: Star and Crescent
Motto: Bononia Docet "Bologna Teaches"
Kappa Sigma "KS" officially joined Grand Valley's Interfraternity Council Spring 2011. As of Spring 2011, GVSU's Kappa Sigma had 16 members.
Kappa Sigma's national fraternity's mission statement is outlined by 5 main points.
- The Fraternity should complement and enhance the educational mission of the host institution.
- The Fraternity should promote the ideal of Brotherhood.
- The Fraternity should actively contribute to the personal development and growth of its members.
- The Fraternity should promote ethical behavior and decision-making.
- The Fraternity should encourage service to others.
At the heart of Kappa Sigma lie the Fraternity's Four Pillars, which guide our ambitions and underpin our successes. Striving for excellence in Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship and Service produces Brothers who are involved in all aspects of campus life; who excel academically as students and professionally upon graduation; who develop lifelong bonds with those around them and who support those peers; and who serve their colleges and communities. Becoming a Kappa Sigma provides the framework to build yourself into the man you want to be.
Kappa Sigma's Current President is: Spencer Richardson
Page last modified June 17, 2013