A panel of community members, including Mayor George Heartwell, will discuss how the electric vehicle and advanced battery industries are affecting job growth and the economy in West Michigan. The event will take place at Grand Valley State University and is free and open to the public.
Get Plugged In
October 3, 7 p.m.
Kennedy Hall of Engineering, room 330
Grand Valley State University
Pew Grand Rapids Campus, 401 W. Fulton
The panel will include:
- George Heartwell, mayor of Grand Rapids
- Mike Helsel, Grand Valley student and member of the Electric Car Club
- Greg Northrup, president of West Michigan Strategic Alliance
- Bob Synk, community member and owner of an electric vehicle
- Rob Ozar, Michigan Public Service Commission’s Plug-in Vehicle Preparedness Taskforce
The event is sponsored by Grand Valley’s School of Engineering, Michigan League of Conservation Voters and Built by Michigan.
For more information, contact News and Information Services at (616) 331-2221.