Health care experts and economics faculty members will share trends and predictions regarding health care in West Michigan at an annual summit hosted by the Office of the Vice Provost for Health.
The 2013 West Michigan Health Care Economic Forecast is set for Friday, January 11, at the Eberhard Center. The event will run 7:30-9:45 a.m.
The Alliance for Health will sponsor a panel presentation, “Predictions for Health Care in 2013,” from 8:45-9:45 a.m., featuring the following people:
• Jeff Connolly, president West Michigan operations and managed care, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
• Nick Lyon, chief deputy director, Michigan Department of Community Health
• Dr. John MacKeigan, executive vice president and chief medical officer, Spectrum Health
• David Seaman, executive vice president, Michigan Health and Hospital Association
• David Smith, president and CEO, The Employer’s Association.
The panel will be preceded by a discussion of area health care trends by economics faculty members Sonia Dalmia and Paul Isely, at 8 a.m. Vice Provost for Health Jean Nagelkerk will provide a welcome.
Breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. The summit is free and open to the public. RSVP online at www.gvsu.edu/business/events or contact Jason DeLong at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 331-2729.