In time for holiday gift giving, the University Bookstore will sell copies of Grand Valley's 50th anniversary book in the Kirkhof Center lobby before exam week, and President Thomas J. Haas is scheduled to sign copies on select dates.
"Grand Valley Celebrates 50 Years of Shaping Lives" traces the story of Grand Valley from its charter in 1960 to its beginnings as a small liberal arts college to a comprehensive university that now more than 24,000 students call home. Priced at $19.95 plus tax, the book includes a timeline, details of 50 favorite pieces of campus artwork, and stories and photos of athletics, cultural events, student life, housing and university leaders.
Book sale tables are scheduled in the Kirkhof Center lobby for the following dates:
• Monday, November 22: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., President Haas is scheduled to sign books from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.;
• Tuesday, November 23: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.;
• Monday, December 6: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.;
• Tuesday, December 7: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., President Haas is scheduled to sign books from noon-1 p.m.; and
• Wednesday, December 8, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
In addition to these sale dates, the book is available at University Bookstore locations in the Kirkhof Center and DeVos Center, and online at www.ubs.gvsu.edu.