New events have been added to the slate of Family Weekend activities including a 50th anniversary fashion show and a preview tour of ArtPrize entries.
Family Weekend, sponsored by Student Life, runs Friday-Sunday, September 17-19. Activities include dedication of the Connection, GVSU Farmers Market and the popular Habitat for Humanity lost and found sale. Most events are free, some require a paid ticket for admission. Highlights are below.
Saturday, September 18:
• Pancakes with Presidents, Kirkhof Center, 9:30-11 a.m.: President Thomas J. Haas and other student group presidents will be behind the grill cooking a pancake breakfast; cost is $5.
• ArtPrize Surprise, DeVos Center, Noon-2 p.m.: Join Henry Matthews, director of galleries and collections, for a preview tour of ArtPrize entries. Lunch will follow in the University Club; cost is $10 and tickets are required.
• 50th anniversary Lunch, Fashion Show, Kirkhof Center, Noon-1:30 p.m.: Food and fashion from the past five decades will be highlighted. Tickets required.
• Knight at the Museum, Ford Presidential Museum, Noon-2 p.m.: Gleaves Whitney, director of the Hauenstein Center for Presidential Studies, will give tours of the museum, followed by lunch at the University Club. Tickets are required.
• Taste of West Michigan, Fieldhouse, 4-6 p.m.: Taste samples from many popular area restaurants; tickets are required.
For a complete list of events or to purchase tickets, visit www.gvsu.edu/familyweekend.