Grand Valley Police Department
The Parking 411 - Faculty/Staff
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Monday –Thursday: 3:00am to 6:30pm
- Friday: 3:00am to 5:00pm
- Weekends: Only specially marked spaces and overnight parking in non-residential lots are enforced
- Non-residential lots are enforced overnight every night between 3:00am and 7:00am
- Overnight parking is limited to Residential lots. A RESIDENTIAL permit is required.
- Vehicles are NOT allowed to park overnight in Commuter or Faculty/Staff lots.
- If your vehicle breaks down and cannot be moved overnight, the Police Department or Pew Security must be notified.
- Market Place Visitor Lot - Pay Station Costs: 50 cents for 15 minutes with a maximum stay of two hours.
Meters - Costs:
- Housing Meters - 25 cents for each 15 minutes, 30 minute limit
- Academic meters - 30 cents for each 12 minutes or $1.50 per hour, 4 hour limit
- Failed or Out of Order meters are a “No-Park” zone, unless paying with ParkMobile
- Visitors must have a permit. Please make sure you are making accommodations for your visitors prior to coming to GVSU. Please visit FACULTY/STAFF PERMIT REQUESTS to secure an electronic permit for your guest. Guests may also stop into Public Safety (Allendale) or Pew Security (Pew Campus) the day of the visit.
Carpool, Alternative Fuel, Hybrid Parking, Reserved and Housing Spaces
- Require a special GVSU decal in addition to their F/S permit to park in these areas.
- See below for details
- A valid disability permit and a GVSU permit are required to park in Disability parking spaces on GVSU’s campus.
- If disability parking spaces are not available, the disability permit holder may park at a meter (payment not required) or in a Faculty/Staff or Student lot only. Parking in any other space is prohibited.
- Parking in Handicap spaces in pay station lots will require payment and is limited to a two hour stay.
- Motorcycles do not require a parking permit. Motorcycles may park on the yellow hash marks at the end of parking rows. Motorcycles are NOT allowed to park in the blue Disability reserved hash marks.
- PEW CAMPUS: Motorcycles are accommodated in designated motorcycle signed spaces only. Locations can be found at Eberhard Center loading dock, Seward Ramp, Watson Lot and Devos Lot. CHS a space is accommodated on the upper level of the CHS ramp.
- Place your parking permit decal on the lower left side of your vehicle windshield. You may receive a citation if it is not in the proper location.
- Faculty and Staff are limited to one permit without exception and additional permits are NOT available for purchase.
- Temporary permits are available daily to Faculty and Staff with photo ID and license plate number to receive a permit at no cost (some restrictions do apply to those with outstanding citation balances).
- Temporary permits are placed on the driver's side dashboard to left of the steering wheel. Permit dates must be visible from outside the vehicle for the permit to be valid.
- Parking permits are transferrable between vehicles. The person registered is responsible for all citations incurred while the permit is displayed on a vehicle.
In what lots may I park? Allendale Parking Map
On the Allendale Campus: Any lot marked with a Blue "F" or a Red "S"
- Lot C
- Lot D1-D3 (NOT D4-D9)
- Lot E (Behind the Fieldhouse)
- Lot F
- Lot G (You must pay meters if you park at one)
- Lot H
- Lot K-East
- Lot M
- Lot N
- Lot O (Only the F/S portion, not the Calder Resident spaces)
On the Pew Campus: Any lot marked with a Blue "F" or a Red "S"
- DeVos Lot (West of DeVos Center)
- Mt. Vernon Lot
- Seward Flat Lot (Across from DeVos Lot)
- Seward Ramp
- Eberhard Lot (West of Eberhard Center)
- CHS Lot (Lower level of the building)
- Lafayette Lot (Half of a block South of CHS on Lafayette St)
- Watson Lot (Not the Pew Residential section)
- Front Lot
Where am I not allowed to park?
- Meters and pay stations (still require payment)
- Service Vehicle Spaces
- Residential Lots
- Visitor Spaces
Any Specially Signed Spaces or Areas
Car Pool (requires special permit decal)
Two or more faculty or staff members who choose to car pool together on a regular basis (3+ times per week) are eligible for car pool parking. Each faculty/staff member involved is required to submit:
- a signed memo to Pew Campus Security during normal business hours
- bring in valid Faculty/Staff parking sticker
Alternative Fuel (requires special permit decal)
A faculty or staff member who drives a vehicle that utilizes an alternative fuel or energy source (i.e. – E85 ethanol, battery-powered drive trains) is eligible for alternative fuel parking. The faculty/staff member will need to provide one of the two following pieces of documentation for a vehicle that utilizes alternative power drive trains:
- a current proof of registration for a vehicle that utilizes E85 ethanol, in addition to the current proof of registration
- a receipt showing the purchase of E85 fuel within the last 30 days
Those wishing to register their vehicle will also need to bring in their current Faculty/Staff parking sticker in addition to the documentation listed above.
IMPORTANT! Unauthorized or improper use of this permit may result in employee disciplinary action. Fraudulent use of this permit will result in its confiscation, and may result in criminal penalties. Fraudulently obtaining goods or services is a crime punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of not more than $2,000.
Page last modified June 26, 2015