Grand Valley Police Department
The Parking 411 - Pew Residents
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Resident parking on the Pew Campus is enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- All vehicles must be parked in a marked parking space. There is no parking on sidewalks, along curbs, or in any other area of a parking lot that is not marked as a space.
Meters - Costs: 25 cents for the first half hour/25 cents for each additional 12 minutes
- Housing Meters - 30 minute limit
- Other meters - 4 hour limit
- Failed or Out of Order meters are a “No-Park” zone
- Visitors must have a permit. The guest needs to stop into Pew Campus Security with photo ID and their license plate number to receive a temporary permit at no cost. Residents may not pick up the permit for your guest.
- Visitor permits will be issued for one night at a time.
- A valid handicapped permit and a GVSU permit are required to park in Handicapped spaces on GVSU's campus.
- If no Handicapped spaces are available, handicapped permit holders may also park at any meter (payment not required) or in reserved faculty/staff areas.
- Motorcycles do not require a parking permit. Motorcylces may park on the yellow hash marks at the end of parking rows. Motorcycles are NOT allowed to park in the blue Handicapped hash marks.
- Overnight parking must be in Residential Lots. Vehicles are NOT allowed to park overnight in Commuter or Faculty/Staff lots. A RESIDENTIAL permit is required.
- If your vehicle breaks down and cannot be moved overnight, Pew Campus Security must be notified.
- Disabled vehicles must be removed within 24 hours.
Permit Decal Placement
- Place your parking permit decal on the lower left side of your vehicle's windshield. You may receive a citation if it is not in the proper location.
- Your parking permit decal is transferrable between vehicles. Be aware that the owner of the permit is responsible for any citations assigned to that permit number, no matter the vehicle.
- Students are allowed 20 days of temporary parking permits per academic year at no ocst. To use a temporary permit, bring your Student ID and license plate number to Pew Camus Security.
- Temporary permits are placed on the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel. Permit dates must be visible from outside the vehicle for the permit to be valid.
In what lots may I park?
On the Pew Campus: Any lot marked with a Brown "P"
- Secchia Lot (Behind Secchia and Winter Halls)
- Winter Lot (Residential Section Only)
On the Allendale Campus : Any lot marked with a Red "S"
- Lot C and C-West (North of Fieldhouse)
- Lot G (South of Lot F)
- Lot H (Across Campus Drive from Kirkhof Center)
- Lot K-East OFFLINE 5/1-6/31, (In Front of Performing Arts Center)
Where am I NOT allowed to park?
- Meters (still require payment)
- Allendale Resident Lots
- F/S Lots
- Student Commuter Lots on the Pew Campus
- Any Specially Signed Spaces
IMPORTANT! Unauthorized or improper use of this permit may result in disciplinary action or a referral to the University Judicial process. Fraudulent use of this permit will result in its confiscation, and may result in criminal penalties. Fraudulently obtaining goods or services is a crime punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of not more than $2,000
Page last modified April 25, 2013