Grand Valley Police Department
The Parking 411 - Rec Center
Parking with a Rec Center Membership
If you will be working out at either the Rec Center or Kelly Family Sports Center, you will need a parking permit, unless you choose to park and pay at a meter.
- While you have an active Rec Center membership, you are eligible for a no cost parking permit good for parking in the student sections of Lots C, F and G. The permit is NOT VALID at meters or designated spaces.
- Permits are issued one semester at a time and will expire on the anniversary date of your membership.
- Permits are not required to park in student parking spaces during the Spring and Summer semesters (May - August).
- Rec Center permits cannot be issued or used by current students of the university. Your permit privileges will be suspended if found to be in violation.
- Only one permit can be issued per individual and may be transferred to additional vehicles as necessary.
- Effective dates on permits must be visible and displayed at all times for the permit to be considered valid.
- The police department is open 24/7 to answer any parking questions or for your permit needs. You may contact us at 616-331-3255.
- Should you receive a citation while on campus, please refer to the information provided on the citation or visit www.gvsu.edu/parking for citation appeal information.
Campus Recreation Classes
At this time, long term parking permits are not available to members of the community taking classes at the Rec Center or Kelly Family Sports Center. Grand Valley is a permit only campus and your options for parking while on campus are:
- pay and park at the meters
- stop in to our department before each class for a parking permit. There is no cost to community members for daily permits.
Page last modified October 16, 2014